viernes, julio 13, 2007

A few eating finds in el Barrio Gotico

La Catedral

[ Food, I need food! ]

Forgive me. This entry was drafted in May 2006 but I never got around publishing it. I thought this would be a great interim post as I work this weekend to get my pictures and writings ready from my four-day trip last weekend to good old Barcelona and the Costa Brava. So here you go a few delightful eating finds I discovered during my occasional strays from the different routes in the Barrio Gotico.

Just right off the street near Metro Jaume I, you will find a quaint cheese shop that offers an interesting variety of artisan Catalan cheeses. They have a little sampling menu that you could do when you need a little break from all the walking and browsing.

For a mere 2.40€, you can sample a selection of three cheeses and a taste of some wine, from noon till 8 p.m. daily. On Saturdays, from 12-3 p.m., you can get your hands on a more extensive sampler of three cheeses, bread, olives, with a beverage (wine, beer or water) for just 5.85€. Not a bad deal, eh?

One of the places I go if I crave for decent japanese food is this almost hidden restaurant near La Catedral. Considered one of the best Japanese restaurants with patrons like Ferran Adria himself, you can savor a Menu del Dia for about 16€. For that you get an appetizer like seared tuna salad, an entree - you can choose one of the maki selections - and a drink. The best seats are the ones up at the bar, where all the action of the sushi chefs can be taken into view.

IN THE KNOW:
Formatgeria La Seu
Plaza Sant Just
Metro Jaume I

Shunka
C/ Sagristans, 5
93 4124991
Metro Jaume I
Metro Urquinaona

Etiquetas:

4 Hand-picked Olive[s]:

Anonymous Anónimo picked an olive...

Tomo nota del restaurante japonés que desconocia. Tu blog es un tesoro :-)
Josepmaria

3:15 p. m., julio 13, 2007

 
Blogger Anne Marie picked an olive...

Gracias por compartir estas pistas gastronomicas. Me encantan!

5:32 p. m., julio 13, 2007

 
Blogger *kel picked an olive...

Hola Josepmaria, gracias por haber dejado un mensajito en mi blog. Tendrías q ver como es el restaurante japonés. Fui a uno en Gracia el fin de semana pasado. Intentaré a mencionarlo aquí.

10:10 p. m., julio 13, 2007

 
Blogger *kel picked an olive...

life in yonder: Gracias por tus palabritas, igual me encantan ;)

10:11 p. m., julio 13, 2007

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home