jueves, enero 26, 2006

La comida y yo: 10 cositas

[Jif peanut butter on whole rye swedish crispbread]

No, I'm not dying to let the entire world know who the hell this kel gal is, but I was "kindly invited" by a certain hungry rose to join a meme named "Ten Things You Never Knew About Me". Well, since this is a FOOD BLOG, here's the spill of ten food-related things you didn't know before about yours truly.

1. The one precious food commodity that I prize the most from the United States of America is--drumrolling--: JIF creamy peanut butter. My very precious pal Eve was so sweet that she agreeded to smuggle two jars to me when we had our rendez-vous in Paris.

2. The foods I crave at this moment from the place I grew up in i.e. the southern tip of peninsula Malaysia are otak-otak, lontong, and laksa.

3. I cannot live without my set of silver measuring spoons and my old fashioned set of plastic cup measures from the USA. (Yes, I'm all for recipes with American cup measurements. They make life so much easier!)

4. There's a german-designed teapot with warmer set I really want to have from Crate & Barrel.

5. Once in a while (every now and then) I need to have my fix of Thai jasmine fragrant rice.

6. My diet is mostly 80 percent vegetarian.

7. I get traumatised everytime I buy a whole chicken in Barcelona. I keep forgetting that they have their heads attached here.

8. I try to drink 8 glasses of water every day. (Yes, I'm a health nut and I gullibly follow the advice in women's health magazines)

9. The first thing chinese-malaysian I learned to make was my mum´s Mee Siam. It´s a spicy rice vermicelli dish.

10. My dear friends Becky and Pete up in Michigan turned me into a born-again meat eater. They brought new meaning to steaks and roasts with their incredible outdoor-cooking and indoor-roasting skills.

And now the meme goes to Sweetnicks, Lisa at In a Nutshell, Sao Mai at Cocinalia.

5 Hand-picked Olive[s]:

Anonymous Anónimo picked an olive...

I miss otak-otak, too. I wonder if Tracy knows how to make.

Gong Xi Fa Cai, btw.

3:36 a. m., enero 27, 2006

 
Anonymous Anónimo picked an olive...

Hi Kel--

Thanks so much for stopping by your site and introducing yourself. It's a pleasure to meet you and discover your site, in turn. I read your profile and I find you a very intriguing creature, Miss Kel. Left corporate life and its accompanying propaganda to study French and cook? You are my goddess! If you include a little garden with birds flitting around, you are living my fantasy life! Thanks for tagging me, and I hope to visit back and forth more in the future.

I have to say that heads attached would be a rude awakening for me, too!

4:00 a. m., enero 27, 2006

 
Anonymous Anónimo picked an olive...

Hi Kel, I just discovered your site from a comment you left on Traveler's Lunchbox. I've been looking for a food blog from someone who lives in Barcelona, since it's one of my favorite cities. I just added you to my blogroll/links and am looking forward to more posts about BCN - even though I noticed you've been studying French and spent the holidays in Provence. I also am intrigued by your posts about Malaysian food, which I've enjoyed often in Singapore.

6:12 a. m., enero 27, 2006

 
Blogger *kel picked an olive...

Cookie Monster: What a fun surprise I got in the USPS envelope! THANKS A ZILLION girl, you rock! Yeah, the kitchen goddess in Tracy should know how to made such exotic morsels. Xin nian kuai le to you.

Lisa: Thank you for your immensely kind words. I must say being a stay-at-home mom basking in the southern californian sun does tickle me! I´m intrigued by your passion for nuts :)

Brett: Hola, what a delight to find your blog too! Judging from the links on your site, it does seem obvious that you´re a fan of Spain and its cuisine. Yes, I´ve been crossing across the border a lot lately so most of my entries have been French-focused. But I have resolved to undo the trend. Voila, one new post on Barcelona fresh off the oven.

11:22 p. m., enero 27, 2006

 
Blogger Rose picked an olive...

Kel,

Peanut butter is it? Yum. I love having just a plain scoop of it from time to time.

Have you ever tried Trader Joe's peanut butter? It's incredibly yummy.

Thanks for taking up the challenge!

12:48 p. m., enero 28, 2006

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home