La comida y yo: 10 cositas
[Jif peanut butter on whole rye swedish crispbread]
No, I'm not dying to let the entire world know who the hell this kel gal is, but I was "kindly invited" by a certain hungry rose to join a meme named "Ten Things You Never Knew About Me". Well, since this is a FOOD BLOG, here's the spill of ten food-related things you didn't know before about yours truly.
1. The one precious food commodity that I prize the most from the United States of America is--drumrolling--: JIF creamy peanut butter. My very precious pal Eve was so sweet that she agreeded to smuggle two jars to me when we had our rendez-vous in Paris.
2. The foods I crave at this moment from the place I grew up in i.e. the southern tip of peninsula Malaysia are otak-otak, lontong, and laksa.
3. I cannot live without my set of silver measuring spoons and my old fashioned set of plastic cup measures from the USA. (Yes, I'm all for recipes with American cup measurements. They make life so much easier!)
4. There's a german-designed teapot with warmer set I really want to have from Crate & Barrel.
5. Once in a while (every now and then) I need to have my fix of Thai jasmine fragrant rice.
6. My diet is mostly 80 percent vegetarian.
7. I get traumatised everytime I buy a whole chicken in Barcelona. I keep forgetting that they have their heads attached here.
8. I try to drink 8 glasses of water every day. (Yes, I'm a health nut and I gullibly follow the advice in women's health magazines)
9. The first thing chinese-malaysian I learned to make was my mum´s Mee Siam. It´s a spicy rice vermicelli dish.
10. My dear friends Becky and Pete up in Michigan turned me into a born-again meat eater. They brought new meaning to steaks and roasts with their incredible outdoor-cooking and indoor-roasting skills.
And now the meme goes to Sweetnicks, Lisa at In a Nutshell, Sao Mai at Cocinalia.