domingo, diciembre 11, 2005

La Chocolatière du Panier


I have to share these with you guys... it's an amazing chocolate that I got in Marseille last week. This little chocolatier is hidden in the crooked roads of Le Panier, a neighborhood of Marseille's centreville. For 45 euro/kg there are a zillion varieties of homemade chocolate made in big discs (think pizza) and cut into wedges for sale. The one I got was made with 70 percent dark chocolate with candied oranges. A tiny bite will give you an indelible mouthful of smooth bitter cocoa with a hint of sweetness from the bits of candied fruit. There are some made with caramalized ginger, figs, pistachio, and other interesting combinations. The lady who owns the place (thus, la chocolatiere)will be happy to let you do a few tastings. It's up the road from the Centre de la Vieille Charité (cultural center), a baroque chapel that was once used as a monastery as well. (More about this place later.)

La Chocolatière du Panier
Location: 4 Place des 13 Cantons, 13002 Marseille, France

Etiquetas:

4 Hand-picked Olive[s]:

Anonymous Anónimo picked an olive...

Gee how far is your place to Marseille? Get me those chocs, I'm drooling all over....I'll be glad to be the taster if me there!!!

4:32 p. m., diciembre 13, 2005

 
Blogger *kel picked an olive...

hi ray marseille is 6.5 hours by car from Barcelona. If you visit me here we can go together :) gros bisous k

8:43 p. m., diciembre 13, 2005

 
Anonymous Anónimo picked an olive...

Hey gal,

You make me sooo hungry! Esp. the mouth-watering chocos with candied oranges...aiya gal, I'm going to faint =)

Should visit u one of these days...Barcelona still rite?

Cheers,
Su Li
p.s. since we're on the subject of food, i might as well tell u that since starting work, I've discovered plenty of scrumptious delicacies on Jln Imbi, KL. When you return for hols, I'll take you down myself to Imbi for a good dose of 'wa dan hor with tender succulent beef pieces (i.e. kuay teow noddles drenched in thick gravy flavoured with a tad of beef stock, spring onion and ginger)

9:28 a. m., diciembre 30, 2005

 
Blogger *kel picked an olive...

Hi Suli, thanks for popping in gal! Yes, bcn still, let me know when you book the flight! And i´d take up your offer anytime to savor the local flavors at all your fav haunts in KL. And maybe Bangkok too?

10:44 p. m., enero 09, 2006

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home