martes, octubre 25, 2005

Tarte Bourdalou from Provence, France













I decided it's been too long since I last posted anything. So while waiting for my next inkling, here's a picture of a dessert presented to me as a surprise in July when I was in Marseille. This wonderful cream-mousse tart is completely heavenly. The outer layer has a nice elasticity with a caramel and almond flavor. And when you bite into the center, it's a fluffy and light texture with a contrast to the bottom crust. A specialty from the Provence region in southern France.

Etiquetas:

2 Hand-picked Olive[s]:

Blogger Cindy picked an olive...

I'm french, live about 1 hour and an half from Marseille and didn't even know this cake existed ! :(

4:50 a. m., diciembre 11, 2005

 
Blogger *kel picked an olive...

hi cindy, love the pics on your site.. yummy marrons... My bf who's lived in Marseille for 15 yrs got me the Tarte Bourdalou from a pastisserie outside the L'eglise du Reforme at the top of the Cannebiere. I tried to google it for more info before writing the entry but couldn't find anything. Doesn't ring to bell to you either huh? k

10:53 p. m., diciembre 12, 2005

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home