miércoles, mayo 03, 2006

Tarte Grand Mère

[Granny's apple tart from France]

Doesn't this look abosolutely irresistible? This is a dessert that we got in a patisserie in Paris before boarding the TGV train to Valence during the Easter/Semana Santa holidays. I can't remember the name of the place but it was at the corner of Boulevard St Germain and Rue de Bièvre near Maubert Mutualité.

What a treat! I have no idea how they were able to make such a thin and tasty pastry crust. Love the layout of the quartered apples. i found a recipe online, and it's in French. I did not decipher it but if you're interested, I'm sure you can find an excuse to use your French dictionary :) The recipe looks easy enough but I doubt I can recreate such a delightful dessert tart. To be honest, I have yet to hone my pâte à tarte skills. Knowing that a good pastry is the deal-maker, I've been somewhat fearful of this Baking 101 basic. Any brave foodies out there daring to take up the challenge?

[ Tarte Grand Mère ]
Pâte à tarte
Cassonade claire
Apples
Composition pour tartes au sucre
Crème pâtissière

-Faire une pâte à tartes, peser 180 gr.
-Abaisser, mettre en platine, remonter les bords.
-Piquer le fond, étendre une fine couche de crème pâtissière.
-Mettre une couche de cassonade.
-Déposer des rondelles de pommes épluchées et évidées.
-Verser de la composition à tartes au sucre, cuisson.

Etiquetas: ,

2 Hand-picked Olive[s]:

Anonymous Anónimo picked an olive...

What a beautiful tart, Kel! Great job!

9:43 p. m., junio 02, 2006

 
Blogger *kel picked an olive...

Keiko, thanks your comment!! Hasta pronto ;)

10:11 p. m., junio 03, 2006

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home