jueves, marzo 12, 2009

Shanghai Eats

[Xiao Long Bao]

It's unbelievable, we've been in kungfuland for almost six months now! When I first got here I found that I wasn't able to add new posts to this blog. Friends and readers have emailed me to inquire of my whereabouts and realizing it's been almost a year since I've posted anything, I decided to post this picture I took of my first xiaolongbao in Shanghai. Notice it has a little opening on top!

I had just saw some friends in Singapore over the weekend and all of them have asked how we've been adapting here. It' s been really easy considering there are so many comforts in this city. Massages are 7.70 euro per hour, housekeeping services are 2 euro per hour, and taxi fares are 1.10 euro. Food-wise, there are so many interesting restaurants around that I've probably got all the weekends for the rest of the year to check out new places to eat.

Before I pen off, here are two addresses to try out xiaolongbao while you're in Shanghai.

Ding Tai Fung

2/F, South Block, Xintiandi
6385 8378

Lynn
99-1 Xikang Lu
near Nanjing Xi Lu next to the Portman Ritz-Carlton on Xi Kang Lu
西康路99-1号, 近南京西路
6247-0101

Etiquetas:

2 Hand-picked Olive[s]:

Anonymous Anónimo picked an olive...

Glad to see you posting again.

Paz

8:27 a. m., marzo 14, 2009

 
Blogger rokh picked an olive...

glad you are enjoying there and seemingly consuming a good share of xiao long bao! yum!

7:51 a. m., marzo 17, 2009

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home